Organizations are excited to see Microsoft launch Windows 365 cloud desktop as remote users will have easy access as well as increased simplified cyber security for organizations.
Does your organization work with remote desktop or use VPN for connectivity? Now organizations have the option to use Windows 365 cloud desktop to stream apps, settings, and content. This will give organizations the ability to be more agile, secure, and productive using Windows 365 Cloud PC.
Windows 365 cloud desktop gives organizations the power to combine the power and security of the cloud with the versatility and simplicity of the PC. It enables a variety of new scenarios for business in the competitive world.
What is offered with Windows 365 cloud desktop according to Microsoft?
- The ability to purchase, provision, and deploy in minutes.
- The ability to launch automated operating system (OS) updates.
- The ability to give users access anywhere to their personalized Windows desktop experience.
- The ability to create custom configurations for an elastic workforce.
- The ability to continue working from where the user left off on the device of your choice.
- The ability to optimized user experience on Windows endpoints.
- The ability to scale on a per-user pricing.
Windows 365 cloud desktop is offer in two packages. Windows 365 Business that is designed for small businesses that want to deploy cloud PCs for up to 300 seats. The good news is there are no technology prerequisites for the organizations, simply purchase, deploy, and manage. Windows 365 Business is simple as you do not need an Azure subscription or an Active Directory (AD) domain controller. Windows 365 Enterprise gives an organization much more control however not as much as Azure Virtual Desktop. The good news is the pricing is simple and cheaper than Azure Virtual Desktop.
Windows 365 Cloud Desktop work in synch with other Microsoft cloud services such as Microsoft 365, Office 365 or any of Microsoft cloud services. Microsoft reported that they do not expect compatibility issues and expect the majority of users to use QuickBooks, Adobe Creative Suite, and other mainstream applications.
What is not a recommended environment for Windows 365 cloud desktop?
Microsoft does not recommend Windows 365 cloud desktop for intense data processing requirements. The Windows 365 Business Plan comes with a data cap of 20GB per user per month on the low end and up to 70GB per user per month on the high end. This is based on downstream and not upstream. This will only cause issues for organizations that try to use it for video editing.
What are the benefits to Windows 365 cloud desktop?
- Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) – Windows 365 cloud desktop is far more cost effective that Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS). For Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS), you have a monthly payment for the hardware, software, licensing, and commitment.
- Company Supplied Computer – If any organization wants to compare to a physical system, we can do easy math on the business case.
On a long-term outlook, the organization does not have to worry about replacing a legacy system, losing a system, or damaged system. This also give organizations to have employees use their own devices to access company data and resources securely.
This will also include the ability to use Windows 365 cloud desktop features such as the ability to revert to previous versions, take a system snapshot, or recover the system. Organizations also have the ability to use Microsoft Defender software as it is built in.
Windows 365 cloud desktop has just opened the possibilities for companies to be more competitive using technology and the possibilities are endless.