With the unfortunate outbreak of Coronavirus, many Chinese educators are increasingly turning to communication technology solutions so their students do not fall behind.
In a recent article, a high school teacher held a class via video chat while under Coronavirus quarantine. The teacher used a laptop, a $150 webcam, and an account with Zoom video conferencing to connect with his kids. The class has a microphone that can be passed around the room for kids to ask questions. They labelled it “distance learning” and it looks promising for the future.
With the release of this article, many organizations are seeing the value behind company group chat and collaboration software such as Microsoft Teams.
Why do IT departments and managed IT services provider love the Office 365 factor? Control.
Microsoft gives organizations the ability to control security centrally including encryption of data, messages, and files, in transit and at rest. You also can integrate two-factor authentication such as Microsoft Authenticator app.
By using the Microsoft Office 365 Admin Center, your organization has control over Microsoft Teams. This includes the following abilities:
- Ability to turn on/off Microsoft Teams for entire organization
- Ability to control user profiles look and feel
- Ability to turn off video and screen sharing in calls and meetings
- Ability to control various kinds of content, animated images, and stickers
- Ability to limit animated images by content rating
- Ability to turn off support for tabs from Microsoft partners or side-loaded apps
- Ability to set priority notifications for specific industries
- Ability to annotate and share images securely with data storage policies set by your IT department or managed IT services provider.
Microsoft Teams works well for organizations that use Office 365. It provides fast reliable team chat with a variety of features including optional audio calls, video calls, screen sharing, and built-in task management.
Our complimentary network and security assessment can put your IT infrastructure and business to the test.
Going to the cloud or worried about security? We are your leading Managed IT Security Services in Thunder Bay, BrickHost.