There are different ways to protect yourself from web threats. Here is a list of some of the ways you can do so:
- Firewalls restrict outside access to your network. You can set your firewall to restrict staff from using certain websites or applications that may pose security risks. Also review your security policies regularly.
- Secure VPN is a virtual private network (VPN) connection. It is a secure encrypted connection between two or more points that move data over the Internet.
- Secure Wi-Fi requires passwords to access your office wireless network. Use the newer and more secure protocols instead of the old Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) protocol. Also, change the settings so your network does not appear in public listings of local wireless networks.
- Strong Passwords is a main protection to your network. Remember to set your network login to require strong password combinations, change passwords every few weeks or months and always ask for unique passwords.
- Updates and patches for your entire network. Have your IT support team update all systems. Set your programs to check for security patches and update regularly. Make sure your antivirus automatically scans all emails, downloads, attachments and USB keys and/or drives. Ensure your system is protected against malware, spyware and other threats.
- Encryption of your data. Encryption is now a standard feature with all new operating systems. In addition, ensure your e-Commerce platform meets the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard for encryption and always perform security tests to ensure everything is secure.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) Security helps you secure the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) at your company. With a mobile device management (MDM) solution, you can remotely locate, monitor, lock and wipe lost or stolen mobile devices and control mobile access to your company network.
- Backup your data. A good backup system will ensure your data is properly secure. Remember that a local and remote backup in the cloud or offsite allow you to ensure all your information is completely protected.
Has your business been impacted by web-based threats? Contact BrickHost today for removal of web-based threats to your business.